How to reach Portoferraio on the island of Elba
We are at your side with all of our experience before, during and after your cruise, in order to assure the total success of your holiday. Here is some useful information concerning your journey to the Island of Elba.
Flights to Pisa
There are many low-cost airlines to Pisa, for example the most famous:
- Ryanair www.ryanair.com offers flights from London, Glasgow and Liverpool to Pisa. From many other cities there are flights to Pisa via London.
Transfers from Pisa to Piombino
- CAR: We can organize your transfer from the airport to Piombino (about 1h 15”). Ask for details at the information office. You can also directly contact Mr. Robert Traupe Tel.: 0039 - 347 - 41 666 67 or or have a look at his website: www.easy-driver.it
- BUS: from june to september you can take also a bus from Caronna Tours: https://www.caronnatour.com
- TRAIN: You can also take the train (about 2h). Further information is at: www.trenitalia.it
Train connections to Piombino are possible from any main station near you. Have a look at this website: www.bahn.de (English version!) Don´t forget to ask for information about couchettes or berths.
The destination railway station is Campiglia Marittima, then there is an 18 km stretch by bus to Piombino Marittima. The bus stop is right by the ferries. Once you are on Elba, we will be glad to fetch you from the port.
The Island of Elba can easily and comfortably be reached by car using major motorways. After the motorway toll station (Rosignano M.), take the expressway Grosseto/Rome until you see the exit for Venturina-Isola d’Elba, then follow signs to Piombino Porto. From the Venturina exit, the ferry is only 15 km away.
During high season, booking is absolutely necessary!
Ferries to and from the Island of Elba - online booking
We are pleased to inform you that due to an agreement with the two biggest shipping companies, MOBY LINES and TOREMAR, our guests can benefit of a almost 20% discount on the ferry prices for the crossing from the mainland to our island, and back. By booking a yacht you´ll receive a personal code and an exclusive link from us, that you should use during the online booking of the ferry.
The other ferry companies you can easily book the ferry online to the Island of Elba on our website. Your advantage:
- You can easily compare rates and schedules of all the shipping companies to and from the Island of Elba for the journey's combination car + passengers
- Best price at the moment, guaranteed and updated in real time directly on the system of the shipping companies
- Ticket delivery by e-mail without delivery fees
- Payment: you can choose the payment between different credit cards , Paypal, and bank transfer.
The crossing from Piombino to Portoferraio (Elba) is actually provided by three companies, Moby LInes, Toremar, Blu Navy and, In the high season there is also Corsica Ferries.
Booking is not necessary for passengers without car, only if you want to profit of the discount you have to book the ferry online in advance.
Departures are almost every hour. Prices are from 40-70 €, depending on the car and the period, driver included, and 10-15 € for any further passenger. The crossing takes about 1 hour (Corsica Ferries 30 minutes).
Once on Elba...
… you will find our base near the former Edilnautica shipyard, about 1 km from the ferries. By car you should follow the directions for Porto Azzurro/Marina di Campo. At the second roundabout you go to the left, towards the «Zona Industriale» and follow that road until you see the shipyard in front of you. Then follow the curve of the road to the next crossing. On your left, you will see the «Bricofer» shop. Turn left again and follow the road until you pass a hump. You will then see a large shed. Before the bridge turn left once again and you will then be in front of the shipyard gate. Our yachts are moored just beyond on the right.
If you do not have a car, we will be glad to fetch you from the ferry. We ask you to kindly let us know 3 days before your arrival.